SHORT NOTE 4 (Gift ideas for sister)

    Write a reply to your mother giving to give your idea on what gift to buy for your sister.

 

Hi Dear,

           Laura’s birthday is coming soon. Do you have any idea what I should get her as a present? You know her personality better so I need your help. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mum


 Suggested answer: 

Hi Mum, 

    Thanks for reminding me about Laura's birthday as I nearly forgot. In my opinion, you should buy her a laptop. I believe it is the best choice because of a few reasons. Firstly, she will be enrolling into college next month. Therefore, a laptop will aid in completing type-written assignments and presentations. Moreover, she will also be able to attend online classes on programs like Google Meet and Zoom with a laptop. Furthermore, there are many affordable laptop brands that don't cost an arm and a leg. Finally, a laptop is portable so she will be able to easily carry it around to libraries, lectures and even on public transport. I hope my suggestion helps you make up your mind. Take care!

Your daughter, 

Lisa


VOCABULARY 

 1. enrolling - signing up/ registering 

2. Aid  - help

3. cost an arm and a leg - too expensive 

4. portable - can be carried around 

5. make up your mind - make a final decision 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSAY WRITING

DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY : The Night Market

  The Night Market One of the most interesting places in Malaysia is the night market. You may visit and experience the night market yoursel...